Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Cough cough go away, come again another day? NooooooooooOO!!

I have always considered myself as healthy, hardly ever fall sick or need to see doctor. The last time I see a doctor was for sand flies bites! Before that.. hmm.. I think it was a few years back as I don't fancy seeing doctors preferring instead to be my own doctor with panadol, hot tea or honey.


So when I started drinking Bing Han ginseng, I was not expecting any reactions but was hoping it would help my breathing as I was breathing through only one nostril at any given time.

But the REALITY was I had very bad reactions because my "old" sickness which plagued me when I was in lower primary school came back with vengeance.

So this is my JOURNAL of sort of my progress in drinking Bing Han GINSENG:-

6 July 2012 - Started drinking - 3 times a day but never in the late evening.


9 July 2012 - first thing I notice - my eyes were less tired and dry
10 July 2012 - woke up with phlegm - so spat it out. Thereafter start to have sore throat. Continue drinking ginseng.

The sore throat later changed to become cough, and I coughed every night.. initially coughed with phlegm.. which later became dry cough - my worst enemy as throat was extra dry and itchy. Cough until very tired as it felt as if I will cough out my lung and intestines.




12 July 2012 - losing voice as too much phlegm built up
13 July 2012 - lost my voice.

17 July 2012 AM - spat out BLACK phlegm in the morning! Through my years and years of coughing, I've seen white, yellow and green phlegm.. sometimes even phlegm with a little bit of blood but never black phlegm. I was shocked!!



17 July 2012 PM - had the worst night of coughing until my father who slept next door bought me cough syrup the next morning.

18 July 2012 - went for Bing Han talk - thereafter realised that when the coughs came, I have to drink more ginseng. And drinking at night is good as it is the perfect time for the ginseng to work in our recuperating body.

Initially I was apprehensive to drink ginseng at night for fear that it cause sleeplessness but this night I decided to give ginseng a try at night. Lo and behold I had the best sleep since 11 July 2012. No coughs at all!!

So now I have switched my ginseng drinking timing.
Always on empty stomach, 30 minutes before meals. Mixed it with hot water and shake till frothy / foamy.
1) First thing in the morning
2) late afternoon
3) just before sleeping.

Special note on drinking ginseng at night:- after drinking, you must straight away retire to bed. Do not engage in any mental thinking or calculations cos ginseng will give you alertness if you do not lie on the bed to sleep.

But once you are on bed, you are guaranteed to sleep well unless you have weak nervous / brain system then sleeplessness is one of the reaction you will get initially. Just like cough is a reaction for me but if you persevere in drinking ginseng, you'll overcome it. Do not be afraid to drink more!

CONCLUSION
Well I am glad to report that now I cough less and less and do not cough anymore since 19 July 2012.

When I spoke to an Indian friend about this, she mentioned that the Indians believe that how you are when you're a baby, you'll be when you grow old. Example, if you have few hair when you're a baby, then most likely you'll be bald when you grow old.

Similarly whatever sickness you faced when you are young, you will face them again when you grow old. Cos your immune system has gotten stronger as you mature into adulthood but later diminish as you age.

So if this is the case, then I rather face this cough while I still have the energy to cough and not when I am old and could hardly breathe.





As for the blocked nostrils, I also glad to report that I can breathe through 2 nostrils now! But somehow in the evening after my shower, I can only breathe through one nostril. Then throughout the night it'll be from one nostril... Perhaps I need to drink more or longer. But throughout the day, no problem breathing through 2 nostrils. Will update in future post on this!

Most marked difference is I have more energy and my eyes are somehow more moist and less dry and tired. Also I seem to urinate and pass motion more.

Hmm... the trainer did say that ginseng does help to increase metabolism rate and remove water retention in the body. So it means that drinking ginseng is a healthier way to lose weight!

2 comments:

  1. Gee, I just recovered from cough not too long ago. I hate this cough thing too. It can last like 2-3 weeks. The throat gets so itchy that I wish I could remove it from my body.

    Next time I cough, maybe I should try your ginseng brand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually ginseng is good for a lot of things. It's been given the name PANAX and panax means "all-heal" in Greek.

    Like the age old saying "prevention is better than cure" you dont have to wait for another symptom before trying it =D

    ReplyDelete