Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

"Washing" your washing machine

Never thought that I need to "wash" my washing machine.

My colleague actually recommended me this product. Since the reason you wash clothes is so that you have clean clothes, the cleanliness of the washing machine will affect the level of cleanliness right? Err.. how should I word this.. hmm..

Anyway get this product from Cosway. It's PowerMax Wash Drum Cleaner (RM12.50) 2 packs x 300gm. Meaning one box can use for 2 times.




For my washing machine, I see a lot of algae floating up in the initial wash of 2 - 3 minutes.



After 5 hours of soaking the results are more or less the same to the naked eye but definitely see less algae especially in areas like those in picture below. It was all clean after the wash.



After the 5 hours soak and complete full cycle, I found a lot of algae sticking at the bottom of the tub in the morning. So had to do 2 empty but full cycles before I finally got rid of them and can use my washing machine.

Will definitely use do this again when I see algae build up in the machine =D


3 comments:

  1. Excellent post! I must thank you for this informative read. I hope you will post again soon.
    Kind regard
    Laundry Machine Manufacturers In India

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I know where to pour the wash drum cleaner ? Inside the washing machine of the side cover ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may pour directly into the drum like you how you normally pour the detergent powder onto the clothes.

      Delete