Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

No Pain no Gain? No Pain no Lose is more like it!!



Malaysia recently made it to the top of the list of most number of obese people in Asia. Malaysia ranked 6th after Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait and Jordan. Meaning we are No.1 most obese nation amongst ASEAN countries.

That’s not very flattering but those who is try to lose that 3kilos would know that it is very painful and hard work.

Somehow everyone knows of someone who is trying to lose weight or am personally trying to lose that extra weight. It is so difficult to do so in Malaysia with all the cheap and readily available food.

The number of holidays and festivities does not help either. There are just too many weddings, new year (4 official new years as we have one for Malay, Chinese and Indians on top the annual new year on 1 Jan) and the usual litter of birthdays.

So there are plenty of excuses to eat eat and eat. The sad part is according to a show on Discovery Channel, obesity is a vicious cycle. The more you try to lose, the most likely you will gain it back and maybe even more.

So starvation is out of the question. So how do you do it? Apart from those who are blessed with the ability of eat without gaining a single kilo, most of us struggle with this issue.


Currently I am trying this method which I HOPE will not take me into a roller coaster cos I am just changing my lifestyle.

I used to skip breakfast and have heavy dinner cos I just cannot resist my mom’s cooking during dinners. I also believe that mom’s cooking are more nutritious so I will save my stomach for it.

Now I reverse it by taking heavy breakfast/ lunch and having little or no dinner at all (sigh… goodbye to my favorite mom’s specialty). Even if I do eat dinner I am eating the vegetables and not the meat or drink the soup without tasting the chicken. And who is enjoying all these meat? Well none other than my pets at home. Haha...

So far I have manage to lose like 2-3 kilos. Hopefully I will continue to see further reduction and this weight loss is here to stay.

Will update the blog on the progress of the weight loss in the future. So fellow victims of low metabolism, do not lose heart - just lose weight. I know that tagline sounded super cheesy but patience is the key ingredient to losing weight. Set realistic goals where you expect results in months time and not days / weeks like in The Biggest Loser.

I believe that it is when you slowly lose the weight that is when you can keep the weight off for good. Another one of my favourite tagline is “Hunger is your Friend”. Sleep hungry and you will wake up to a smaller stomach.

It not easy but who say weight lost is easy. Remember No Pain No Lose!

1 comment:

  1. Hows the new diet going?, i think it actually makes sense because, heavy breakfast and/or lunch can be burnt during the whole day unlike a heavy dinner. We say 'have breakfast like a king, and eat your dinner like a poor' it didnt really sound nice in English but yeah you got what i meant :)

    Talking about weight, i have to start losing too. The unhealthiest thing i do is that i consume so little water (and so much chocolate shhh). and yess i need a change of lifestyle too!

    ReplyDelete