Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2015

UPDATED - Lacte Duet Electric Breastpump Review

After long comparison with Malish Ilaria, finally I decided to get the Lacte Duet because of the following Lacte's stronger points:-

1) service center is nearer to my house in Puchong :D

2) Even though Malish is quieter, in the end there is no comparison with Lacte's soft breastshield.. meaning it will feel more like the baby's sucking. Soft breastshields also translate to gentler suction and ability to empty the breasts as this silicone will compress and decompress the nipple.


3) the packaging of Lacte gives a more complete feeling. For example, they provided:-

a) cover for the breastshield (which I did not actually use in the end because it just means extra 2 parts to wash :p

b) 2 teats and bottle cover which can be used with Lacte bottles.

All these I guess make it worth the extra RM50 (compare with Malish).

* * * * * * * * * * *

AFTER nearly 2 months...
So far so good. It can perform well and definitely better than using a manual pump.

In fact with practice, I can even use it hands free (without using special bra) by supporting it with my thigh.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Only special note to ensure the unit works well is:-
NOT to use electric steriliser for the soft component - meaning the soft breastshield, the diaphragm and the membrane - because it will caused these parts to harden and may not work as well later.

So just wash with baby liquid cleanser and dry.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

OTHER PROBLEM...
FYI I also tried Lacte's customer service because somehow for my particular unit, there is this annoying "air escaping" sound from one breastshield.

I tried changing the diaphragm at Fabulous Mom (FM) near ioi Puchong (cos apparently the supplier of Lacte and Fabulous Mom are same company) but still the problem persists.

Then I tried changing the cover with cap. This did not really solve the "air escaping" sound moreover for my unit the suction sound from the left pump and right pump are different. On one side the sound is louder than the other.

But since I paid only RM450 for the unit and I can get almost same amount of milk from both breasts, I am very happy and satisfied with this product and would gladly recommend it.

Their customer service especially from a Ms Christine earns them TOP score!

* * * * * * * * * * * *

UPDATE:- Yay!! I finally found the reason for the air escaping sound! See the photo below:-

My two very different caps (see the center)
 As you can see, the raised part in the center is different in each cap. It is the lower one which have this air escaping sound.

Funny that I get 2 different type of caps in one box. I am going to highlight this to the supplier. Let's see what is their response now that I have "evident" proof. Yes! Finally this proves that the sound is not my imagination! :D

UPDATED @ 16 September 2015
Been using this Lacte pump for nearly 14 months and after going through it, I would recommend the soft breastshields to mothers who are new to pumping because they may need the stimulation.

But for more advance mothers, better just use normal hard breastshields because it would translate to lesser parts to clean and also assemble.

Sometimes it might take a bit of time to properly assembly the soft breastshields to ensure optimum suction and the rule not to sterilise is very very important here.

So once you are pro to breastfeeding, you can change the soft breastshields to normal hard ones.

Lacte hard shield (note the matte plastic in front is the cover)

19 comments:

  1. Im google-ing here and there for malish ilaria vs lacte duet. Finally i've found it on ur blog! *sigh* I couldn't make up my mind which one to choose between these 2. Thnks for ur helpful review..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can make your decision now and thanks for leaving a comment! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks you for your review. im here for malish ilaria vs lacte duet too. luckly that ive found ur blog. thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I ask how do you dry the cap? Do you take out the cap plug each time after washing to make sure that it dries properly? First time washing it today and I find that the cap may not dry properly and cause problem to its motor unit. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about the cap not drying properly.. That is why I never wash them :D

      Since it does not come into contact with the milk, it is ok so long as you keep the cap clean.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Will do it too! ;)

      Delete
  5. Hi,can you share lacte service centre address or contact number? I need it urgently..thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 012-666 4289 but they only response within working hours cos I suspect this is company's phone for their employees.

      Delete
  6. The silicon parts i.e breadt shield, membrane n diaphgram cannot be sterilized using electric one? So you nver sterilize those? Just wash with cold water and detergent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I never sterilize.. just wash with cold water and baby liquid cleanser.

      I tried to sterilize the Lacte soft breastshield once and it ended up being quite out of shape (meaning more difficult to install) but once I start pumping, it became fine again.

      It's up to you whether to sterilize or not but it's hard to be too clean since baby tends to put things into his mouth.. besides, the baby liquid cleanser is not cheap and the Tollyjoy brand even comes with an anti-bacterial version.

      You can give it a try. Look for it in Aeon and certain baby fair.

      Delete
  7. Sorry, one more thing, i just used this pump a few days ago. However i encountered today that the milk was trapped inside the valve .it didnt go down into the bottle. And becoz of that it was sucked up into the diaphram sectiod. I realized it when i was wondering why no milk drips down from the valve. Have you encontered this? I use electric sterilizer and did not let it dry first before using. Can that be the reason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my months of pumping, I only encountered twice this problem. I'm not too sure the reason but I suspect it's in the assembling of the breastshields, membrance and the cover the pressure is not right. Just reassemble and that should solve the problem.

      From my cousin's experience in staying in a confinement centre, the centre does not practice drying the parts before use. So I don't think that is the cause.

      Delete
  8. may i know where do u buy the hard breastshields?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it from the supplier directly. This is their website http://www.go-lacte.com/contact_us.php

      You can then opt to collect from their store in Puchong or from Fabulous Mom outlets.

      Delete
  9. may i know where do u buy the hard breastshields?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it from the supplier directly. This is their website http://www.go-lacte.com/contact_us.php

      You can then opt to collect from their storeroom in Puchong or from Fabulous Mom outlets.

      Delete
  10. my problem is same as Mawaddah, the milk not going to the bottle instead going to the main breast shield (stuck at the diaphragm). I wash and never sterilizer all the part. This make my milk flow slow & only manage get half oz from regular pumping. I google already stil not solved my problem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. May I know the size of the breast shield? Is it fits all size of nipples?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wanna know that as my baby is premature baby so I need to be careful with the pump to make sure no bacteria stay on .. so do u have any way to sterilize the part by not harden the silicone shield.... Sterilize liquid can be use for sterilize?

    ReplyDelete