Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

DHA for pregnancy - Neurogain PB vs GNC

Only realised the importance of DHA supplement after attending an antenatal class during my 25 week of pregnancy. It's vital for brain or neurological development of the fetus.

Fortunately, many websites say that the importance of DHA intake peak during the third trimester.

Anyhow if possible, do take DHA latest by week 18 so I was 7 weeks late. Still I believe it's better late than never.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

My first DHA was Neurogain PB




Got mine from AA Pharmacy @ RM44 for 30 capsule. I saw the same thing being sold at Caring pharmacy for RM51. Guardian around RM49.

NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCES

1) First thing I noticed after taking the DHA is the soreness or dryness on my lips was gone.

Before I had to apply and reapply lip balm in the morning, afternoon and night to prevent Angelina Jolie's lips.

I called it Jolie's lips cos the cracked lips / soreness and redness was so bad that my upper lips lines expanded and look thicker.

2) Second thing I noticed I do not need to apply Cetaphil cream on my legs anymore as they are no longer dry.

I thought that's great.. but the price was a bit of a put off.. at about RM1.50 per capsule it's quite costly since I have to take it everyday and I have to take other supplements as well.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

So to cut costs, I tried GNC's DHA instead.





It's only *RM47.40 for 60 capsule (*if purchased as GNC VIP during birthday month but normal retail price is RM72.90).

Comparison between Neurogain PB vs GNC DHA



VERDICT
I personally prefer Neurogain PB simply because I tend to burp fishy smell after consuming GNC's.

I did not have this problem with Neurogain PB. Also with Neurogain PB my lips were completely ok but with GNC's I occasionally (like once a week) still have to apply lip balm.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Note:-
a) the lower the EPA, the better it is for pregnant woman but 100mg is still ok but lower is better cos something to do with EPA can dilute cholesterol in the body and too much of it (more than 3gram) will thin the blood and increase risk for bleeding for normal person. So pregnant woman better avoid if possible.

b) the best time to consume DHA is after meals (any meals).

* * * * * * * * * * * * 

More photos on NeuroGain PB





Size of the capsule





No comments:

Post a Comment