Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Eyeshadow primer - Urban Decay vs Too Faced

I always knew there's makeup base and it helps the foundation to stay longer on the face.

What I didn't know was, just as there are makeup base, there are also eyeshadow base.

And though the function is the same you can't expect the eyeshadow to stay put and not melt or travel down south with just a makeup base.

And so I was introduced to the best selling primers - Urban Decay and Too Faced.

Urban Decay Potion RM75

Urban Decay Anti Aging RM95

Too Faced RM69

They don't come cheap at RM69 - RM95 for about 10ml only but I suspect they can last for a long time.

So instead of buying them for my 'experiment' I got samples from Sephora.


And here's my VERDICT:-

Urban Decay vs Too Faced
Too Faced makes the shadow last longer but it's drier on my eyelid cos I can feel a tinge of tightness on my skin.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Urban Decay Anti Aging vs Urban Decay Potion
I don't see significant difference to justify the higher price. I tried it on my wrinkled under eye and I did not see any marked improvement.

Perhaps it need prolonged use but if you really want anti aging, best to get adequate sleep, limit computer or phone screen exposure n get a good eye cream.

Do note that the Urban Decay anti aging is the only primer which you can apply on the under eye as well.

The other range are specifically for eyelids only.

So for me, personally I'll get the Urban Decay Potion.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Photos taken from my "experiment":-





2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that you can get samples from Sephora in Malaysia.
    Can u really take samples from them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup.. just ask the sales assistant but guess it's only limited to products which can be squeezed out into another container.

      I think they will have a problem with products like nail polish, liquid eye liners or powder eye shadows.

      Just ask. Never know until you try :)

      Delete