Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Baby's bedding - IKEA fitted sheet for cot can fit other sizes?

I find prices in Malaysia for bedding for babies rather expensive compare with adult's bedding.

I mean a SMALL latex dimple pillow by Bumble Bee costs RM49 and a fitted sheet for playpen mattress of same brand costs RM34.30.

I can't say about the quality of the latex pillow but for the fitted sheet, it's a bit too expensive for a single piece of cotton textile the size of 41" x 28" x 1" (104cm x 71cm x 2.54cm) because:-

1) the quality of the cotton is not there.. It's not even thick nor soft

2) the motif / print may not be to your liking.

So instead of spending this amount for the fitted sheet, I opted for IKEA's fitted sheet which retails for RM39.90 for 2 pieces (at a much cheaper price of RM19.95 apiece).


The only problem is IKEA's sheet are stated to be 120 x 60cm. Not exactly a perfect fit for a normal playpen mattress of 41" x 28" x 1" (104 x 71 x 2.5cm).

But I took the risk because I prefer plain colour bedding (can choose from white, blue or pink) and the material is stretchable like t-shirt materials.

VERDICT:-
fits perfectly!




No comments:

Post a Comment