Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Buying snacks for your baby at discounted prices

My baby (now 14 months) just loves his Nurture Inc's Happy Yogis. I stocked up on all flavours but I found the ones sold in iHERB.COM are much cheaper (RM20.10 @ 30/9/2015) and more comprehensive.

This site actually ships to Malaysia and depending when you buy (cos they run special offers from time to time) AND how much you buy, you might end up paying less than supermarkets in Malaysia (RM25.30 @ Sogo KL).

RM25.30 in SOGO KL @ 30/9/2015
I highly recommend the mixed berry and strawberry flavours for the Yogis.

Mixed Berry
Strawberry

As for the banana mango flavour, I personally find the taste too milky but baby love it just the same.

Banana Mango
I would advise to keep it in an airtight container to maintain its freshness once opened.

I reused the Mothercare baby bottle to keep snacks

iHerb.com also sells the mixed fruit yogis which comes in 5 individual packs. Great for sharing or travelling but will cost slightly more (RM24.79 @ 30/9/2015). Each individual pack have the usual 3 main flavours.

Mixed Fruit Yogis

* * * * * * * * * *

Another good buy is Plum Organic Teensy Fruits - Berry Flavour (RM15.64 @ 30/9/2015).

It basically taste like gummy candies but suitable for babies. My baby can finish one packet of it in one session so I need to control him.

Teensy Fruits in Berry

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Since I'll be traveling with baby soon, many mothers recommended that I prepare food pouches which can be consumed during flight.

So far baby enjoys the Happy Baby Hearty Meals SUPER SALMON (RM8.93 @ 30/9/2015). The contents of the pouches can be consumed in one session but if baby cannot finish it, you can keep in the fridge for max 24 hours.

The 2nd session can be heated or served cold depending on your baby. I basically take it out from the fridge, let it warm a bit then serve direct from the pouch =D


Baby didn't quite like the Happy Tot Spinach Mango and Pear pouch (RM8.93 @ 30/9/2015). I tried it and didn't like the taste too. It's too sour for my liking.


TIPS IN BUYING FROM iHERB.COM

1) So a great rule to know what snacks or items to buy would be the number of reviews received and the review score. 

2) Look out for their specials and trial purchase at the top of iHerb.com website.



I got this magnifier during my 2nd purchase for RM4.49 trial price compared with the regular price of RM17.65. So waiting for the shipment to arrive to comment on it.
RM4.49 for this 2x + 6x magnifier

3) The thing which I like about this website in comparison with say Amazon.com is that they ship ALL the products listed to Malaysia. If you are concerned about shipping charges, you actually save more when you buy more. So share out the purchase with a friend or two.

4) Also the best part is the website actually indicate the expiry date of the item. So you will not end up buying products which are expiring soon.

5) iHerb.com give their new customers USD10 (~RM44.91) discount when purchased above USD40 and USD5 discount for purchases below USD40.

* * * * * * * * * * * * 

7) When you buy using my referral code DWD403, I will earn rewards points AND so will you.

But for you to earn, you must make a first purchase, then iHerb will generate a special referral code for you which you can then share with others.

It is NOT mandatory that you use my referral code but if you do not know any friends with codes, why not use mine as I also used a complete stranger's code for my first purchase. There are no harm to bless others and pay it forward cos you pay the same amount whether you have a referral code or not.

To help me, click this link when shopping at iHerb.com => my.iherb.com

Many many thanks for reading my blog and happy shopping (and saving) at iHerb.com!

Psst.. btw I used DHL for the shipping and they are super fast. Ordered on 31/7/2015 received on 4/8/2015.. all the way from USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment