Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dont take me for granted!


As I grabbed a tissue in the car and I noticed my sister had kept an air sickness bag there as well. It was taken from MAS from her recent flight to Kota Bahru.

Was pleasantly surprised to find it there as most of us do not give much thought to such product. I mean when was the last time you or anyone you know uses such bag.

But she reasoned that you'll never know when someone in the car might have the "urge" to vomit. This is especially true for people who hardly travel in a car... err.. I am glad to say no one in Malaysia or Kuala Lumpur I hope.

Anyway I recalled a story related by a friend on how he had to send someone (from Myanmar or Cambodia) from KL to Port Dickson. Throughout the journey he could not turn on the air-con and hence drove with windows opened.

Not only that he had to occasionally pull over to let the passenger recompose himself. So he said that day he broke all speed records as his only aim was to reach Port Dickson in the shortest time possible.

But with the rise in modern living, the only place still supplying these bags is in airplanes. Not sure about cruise ships but the other time I took boat ride from Phuket to Phi Phi Island they only supply plastic bags and "minyak angin" dabbed on a piece of tissue. Such a drag..


So the next time you see an air sickness bag, take a moment to appreciate it. You'll never know when you'll need it but when you do, you'll need it like NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment