Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Eyeliner - Liquid, Pencil or Gel?

Never been one to use make up before, I now swears by it.. meaning I hardly leave home without makeup... except occasionally when I need to rush out for a short while.

When that happens, I'll be wishing I dont bump into anyone I know... cos somehow there's the self conscious feeling like as if you're not wearing any clothes ;p

Anyhow I have tried a few brands and would like to give my 5 sen opinion on them.

1) Shiseido Maquillage eyeliner gel
RM75 and comes with an applicator brush.
VERDICT: only the brush is good. The gel smudges too much and too fast.





2) Cyber Colors
RM39.90 comes with a brush too but I did not like the brush as it is round tip.
VERDICT: better lasting power than Shiseido but it's not waterproof. So dont swim with it.





3) Chanel Waterproof eye liner
RM95 and comes with a sharpener at the back (cool design)
VERDICT: it is waterproof but not oil-proof meaning it does smudge at the end of the day since our eyes do excrete moisture and oil...







Tips:- To prevent extreme smudges first apply the liner then apply eye shadow on it.

FINAL VERDICT
So far all the eyeliner gel which I have bought smudge. It's a matter of how much. The best is Cyber Colour, followed by Chanel.

Perhaps for people like me who suffer from oily lower eyelids and like to smile or laugh with eyes tightly closed, to prevent smudges from top eyelid to bottom, the best would be liquid liner.

I have recently bought one from Shiseido Maquillage RM95 (refill RM40)... been working like a charm.. Should have gotten this product from the very beginning. Two thumbs up for it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment