Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Loose Powder


So far I have tried and tested 4 brands of loose powder. My ratings are as follows:-

1) Shiseido
I am now using my 3rd jar.. meaning I really like this product. I have very dry skin but at the end of the day this product did not dry it out further.

Only 1 shade - white / translucent RM135 for 18g.



2) Shiseido Maquillage
The powder itself is good but I find the applicator too small... very cutesy.

The difference between this powder and the other Shiseido powder is this has a subtle shimmer to it.

It's good except it's pricier cos even though Shiseido translucent powder is RM135 (18g). For Maquillage you pay less but you also get like 8 or 9g only. So in the end it work out to higher price per gram.

Shade - pinkish white only.




3) Chanel
I cant wait to finish using this product cos it's a bit drying for my skin. Not only that I find the applicator puff too harsh for my skin. Anyhow I just learned that the best way to apply loose powder is to use a large bristle face brush.

But it is cheaper/gram compare with the other Shiseido powder. About RM150 for 30g.

It comes in 3 shades.


4) Maybelline
Well perhaps it is not fair to put this in considering the price factor but after using this powder TOGETHER with Maybelline's foundation for less than a month, I noticed my face started to crack whenever I smile...so I immediately gave both of the products away.

Plus the size of the applicator puff is really too small.

Shade - light beige only.




CONCLUSION
Sometimes a product efficacy depends on the users' skin age etc.. So what might work for me might not be good for you.. At the end it depends on your budget too. For me once I finish my current Shiseido loose powder, I might try Ettusais or Cyber Colours loose powder (cos it's more economical).

Price
Maybelline $
Chanel $$
Shiseido $$$
Maquillage $$$$


No comments:

Post a Comment