Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Malaysia's Facial Cotton Pad vs Indonesia's

If you follow my blog, you would know that I travel to Indonesia frequently.

My recently buy from our neighbouring country is facial cotton pad.

In the photo you can see the difference in quality between our local ones and the one from Indonesia.

Left is from Indonesia. Right is Premier brand from Malaysia

I have stopped buying facial cotton pad from Watsons as I find them getting thinner and thinner by the years and worst yet, it leaves cotton residue on the face :o

Indonesia on the other hand is much cheaper (about RM2 for 50gm pack) and thicker.

Yes you may argue the Premier brand ones are the sealed type, hence it could be thinner, but I have used Watsons' before and it is getting thinner and thinner by the day.







There are only 2 brands at this particular supermarket but upon closer inspection, I realised they are from same manufacturer. Just that blue one is produced specifically for Value Plus supermarket chain.

So when my personal stock for this Indonesia cotton is finish, I will use The Face Shop cotton pad. Much more expensive @ RM5.90 for 80pcs but well worth it because on 1 piece there are 2 surface - cotton and cotton net.

The net side is great for removing mascara etc cos when it's all black, you can remove it the net and you'll get a cleaner cotton surface beneath.




So I am hoping that Watsons will improve the quality of their cotton pad, otherwise there are many alternatives available like Muji, Daiso and even Shiseido which are available @ selected Parkson outlets.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip. I'm a bit of a shopaholic and have a habit of carting back things from Indonesia. Like you, I go to Indonesia quite often, in fact more than twice a year. So I am always looking for things to buy there. I like their tissue paper (packed in plastic covering) but more specifically, their gula aren (like our gula Melaka but taste better), buah salak, swiss roll with durian filling (Durian House in Medan). I can go on and on. Regards Mrs Yong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ann (I feel more personal calling you Ann instead of Mrs Yong, hope you don't mind), thanks for the great tips!

    I like their tissue paper too.. really thick and cheaper but my colleague will blow her top cos I already took too much space with ole ole (biscuits etc), so I cannot buy back tissues. FYI SOGO is selling the tissue paper from Indonesia - NICE brand 200pcs x 2 ply x 4 packs only RM8.50

    Hmm.. never heard of the gula aren.. will look out for it next time and the swiss roll.. Is it only available in Medan?

    Love their salak too but they spoil too easily and can be quite heavy.. Don't know why Indonesia's salak taste way better than Malaysia.

    BTW thanks for leaving a comment!! =D

    I love to blog and it's even more rewarding when I receive feedback from readers!
    >.<

    ReplyDelete